Civil Support Services Manager
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesC. Bangoy, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The Civil Support Manager is responsible in managing the over-all CSS activities, programs and initiatives to support O&M, and other Departments. Leads the design, analysis and execution of civil projects to support the hydro power and solar power plants. Heads the over-all civil asset management through the execution of ground testing, surveys, light detection and ranging, and risk surveys.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities;
- Manages the CSS Department in achieving its annual strategic objectives as well as its long-term strategic objectives
- Overall responsible for developing engineering solutions and technical designs for civil asset management.
- Supports the project management and operations teams on technical concerns
- Ensures that engineering plans and specifications are aligned w/ the company's standards
- Manage continuous improvement efforts and projects
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Report and escalate to management and key stakeholders if needed
- Report out project status and facilitate steering committee discussions
- Develop standardized organizational standards
- Identify potential risks before they become a problem, focusing on root cause analysis and preventive action
- Conducts regular meetings with the construction team, dealing with civil works Contractor(s) work progress, schedule reviews, construction coordination, processing of billings requests and construction needs as well as other construction objectives.
- Responsible for proper administration of civil works contracts, and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Leads emergency response, emergency plans, design/estimates and insurance claims
- Stimulates the identification of problem areas, root causes and develops a concise statement of problems and leads in developing creative solutions.
- Leads the civil works construction team through the duration of construction
- Assists in the implementation/interpretation of environmental health and safety programs.
- Authorizes and approves all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, and change requests.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques
- Perform internal and external quality audits and compile detailed reports of findings
- Provide training to support continuous improvement projects within the team
- A good understanding of integrated management systems (ISO)
Civil Design: Coordinates all design matters relating to a project, helping to ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly and that everything is delivered on time and within budget. Work on a project before construction begins and continues until construction is complete.
- Inputs into the tendering process
- Selecting, or having input into the selection of specialist subcontractors or other organizations that will help complete the project work
- Specify/Advise on the selection of materials used and other aspects of procurement
- Managing processes relating to the project's design to ensure that everything is delivered to schedule and budget. Work closely with estimators, quantity surveyors, site engineers and other key members of the project team
- Reviews and advises on designs, ensuring they meet regulatory requirements
- Conducts financial, technical and operational risk assessments and advising on risks, opportunities and potential hazards
- Keeps up to date with relevant regulations, codes and legislation
- Chairs design meetings, writing reports and giving presentations.
Project Execution: Will be heading the construction and completion planned civil projects which would include management and guidance of internal staff (engineers, external relations, safety officers, and other general project staff and functions as may be required). She/He will manage the coordination and performance of the contractors that are involved in the delivery of the Project within agreed quality, budget and timeline.
- Establishes and agree budgets. Identify and manage project resource requirements, both internal and external.
- Establishes key civil works deliverables, reporting mechanisms and timelines. Manage progress in accordance with specific milestones.
- Manages an accurate and comprehensive quality assurance system.
- Confers with field personnel, Civil Contractor, design team to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction issues.
- Maintains Project Records – as built, instructions, progress, QA/QC and other related reports.
- Works closely with execution engineers and participates in critical inspections during civil works construction to ensure compliance with plans, specification, contract provisions, building codes and regulations.
- Manages the detailed design of the civil works and the tendering process through to the award of the Contract to Civil Contractor.
- Monitors and follow-ups on requests for information, design change requests, plans/designs, time extensions and requests, and contractors’ progress schedules.
- Coordinates the civil works efforts to resolve differences on the interpretation of contract documents, plans and specifications.
- Provides value engineering expertise during design & construction
- Management of day-to-day engineering resources, ongoing project management and support Operations for other related projects
- Ensures project activities are being carried out in accordance with engineering standards, procedures and processes) including Health, Safety, Environment and Social compliance.
- Manages & coordinates leasing of necessary land and easements for use as temporary facilities.
- Manages internal handover of the project.
- High quality reporting on progress and costs incurred on a monthly basis until completion of the project. Facilitate solution finding meetings & propose corrective measures on delays or cost overruns.
- Manages the administration of all contracts related to the civil works to ensure each party’s obligations are met. Manage all contractual issues including re-measurement, claims, variations, notices, disputes and other related issues.
- Evaluates and reviews the plans, drawings and estimates prepared to ensure correctness and are compliant to applicable standards, codes and guidelines.
- Initiate quality improvement projects.
- Provides technical assistance to other departments as needed
- Updates job knowledge by participating in trainings, workshops and seminars to enhance his competency of the group
- Provides technical assistance to other department or other AP-Gen BUs where his expertise is needed.
Geotechnical: Responsible for managing and monitoring all geotechnical aspects of projects in progress to ensure that works are executed in accordance to best practices and standards, within budget and schedule, with utmost focus safety and environmental practices. It includes interfacing and collaboration with project execution and design.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Geotechnical/Geological, and Survey team.
- Advising and assisting the management team in the development of strategies, priorities and schedules
- Leading the way and enabling the technical team to deliver high quality outcomes of survey, ERT, LiDar results to establish consistent data to be used in short- and long-term plans
- Manage geotechnical and geological analyses, manage staff, service provider and consultants.
- Conduct research, perform preliminary geological reconnaissance, geotechnical and geological
- Studies, review testing results, and develop design recommendations.
- Must be able to direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures and function
- Prepare documents detailing analysis and recommendations.
- Critically review testing results, design recommendations, and documents detailing the studies/projects conducted.
- Workforce Management & Others
- Evaluates performance of all personnel under him on a semi-annual basis and make sure that they perform according to their assigned duties and responsibilities or better.
- Ensures the quantity and quality of the work performed by all Electrical personnel are aligned to achieving the strategic goals and objectives of the department as well as the company.
- Implements company policies and procedures; ensures compliance to IMS standards; promotes sound employee relations and helps in settling grievances among his team members, if any.
- Reports Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Information Security incidents or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference and maintains confidentiality and integrity of company information assets.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by his immediate superior.
- Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering or its equivalent that is recognized by PRC
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in project management, preferably for power generation projects, geotechnical projects, slope stability and way management
- Minimum 5 years of relevant infrastructure design experience
Capabilities: Project Management, Geo Analysis, and Civil Design
Good To Have
- Project Management Training and Certification
- Six Sigma Training and Certification
- Experience in GEO mapping
- Experience in ERT, GEO 5, 3D CAD
- 1 vacant position in Davao City
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- C. Bangoy, 8000 Davao City, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening