Mechanical Specialist | Toril, Davao City
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesToril, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
This position is responsible for providing support in the boiler (and auxiliary) plant area in support of operations and maintenance for the combined power plant assets. The post holder will provide support in boiler (and auxiliary plant) inspections during overhauls, plant failure situations and optimizing the approach for the full range of maintenance philosophies at the plant sites. The post-holder is expected to contribute to the resolution of technical issues inhibiting flexible plant performance and in proposing plant improvement options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to overall efforts in enhancing and implementing asset management practices on site for long term integrity and cost optimization.
- Understands the capital investment process and undertakes necessary investment appraisal analysis.
- Supports the site team in ensuring all necessary technical activities are incorporated within the outage programme
- Performs root cause analysis techniques to support the site teams in resolving difficult technical issues and to provide investigative expertise.
- Ensures excellent standards are maintained during project implementation through appropriate policies and practical application.
- Interfaces as necessary with the sites CMMS.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs mechanical equipment, steam boilers and auxiliary plant.
- Proposes solutions and supports the resolution of difficult site issues whilst ensuring best practices.
- Ensures appropriate application and enhancement of maintenance philosophies.
- Produces concise technical reports and ensures plant status change management control procedures are fully implemented.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preferably Registered Engineer
- At least 3 years of work experience in Boiler & related Auxiliaries ideally with specialization in CFB (Circulating Fluidized Bed) technology
- Professional Institution Membership Desirable
- Evidence of Professional Competence essential
- Steam boilers and auxiliaries
- Properties of materials
- CFB Boilers(Conventional Boiler knowledge an advantage)
- Support Structures – external/internal
- Pressure Systems Requirements/Regulations
- Pipework and support structure including constant load supports
- Tube and support structures
- Waterside aspects
- Fireside aspects
- Headers and Tanks
- Pressure Relief Systems and Trevis Testing
- Fan Systems
- Ducting Systems
- Burner Systems
- Gas/Air Heaters
- Failure mechanism analysis and prevention
- Creep life management
- Coal Milling Plant knowledge an advantage
- Thorough understanding of Power Plant Technology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal multi-cultural skills
- Ability to share knowledge and coach site staff
- Administrative and Coordinating Skills
- Computer Skills and Proficiency in MS Office or similar software
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture