Web Designer | Night Shift
August 99, Inc
- Pasig, Philippines3006, Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippinesTELECOMMUTE
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Web Designers in August 99 are people who are both creative and technically inclined - and use both attributes to create new designs/redesigns for websites.
Web Designers should also have the ability to understand what is needed to make a website functional and easy to use while having the skill to create a design aesthetically appealing to the client and end-user.
Finally, Web Designers specialize in creating (and laying out) the visual aesthetics of a website:
- He/She should have a background in art or design and is highly visual by nature.
- He/She should also be well-versed in creating a user experience (UX) that makes sites easier to navigate, visually appealing and enhances the user’s ability to find what they’re looking for.
- Be really proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop and know a great deal of the tools that the software provides, to create, edit, and compose your design concepts/comps.
- Have good background knowledge of HTML, keeping in mind how your designs can be translated into full, working, viewable pages
- Know a great deal of photo editing and manipulation in Adobe Photoshop
- Know how to recreate designs from scratch (anywhere from PDF files sent over by the client to basic layouts in pixilated GIF or JPEG formats)
- Have some knowledge in branding and logo creation
- Have some knowledge in using vector programs like Illustrator for the creation of maps, logos or other collateral that may be required in hi-resolution.
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and all it’s animation limitations, to help guide you in the creation of animation storyboards for websites that have such requirements
- Keep abreast of the latest design trends, tips, and tricks
- Ensure that the comps you submit meet the company Design Standards
- Know how to use Salesforce to check for your tasks and send updates to your projects
- Be collaborative with your co-designers and to share resources that may benefit the Design team as a whole
- Perform QA duties when necessary
- Express viewpoints and opinions during Design meetings and make suggestions if you think it will help better company design processes
- Take over projects or tasks that were started by or assigned to other designers in case the primary/original designer is overloaded with tasks
- Report projects or tasks to your Team Leader and/or Department Head for cases where the client or Project Manager’s requests don’t follow set standards and procedures
- Must be excellent with conceptualizing projects.
- Must have excellent design skills.
- Exceptional skills in the use of Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be reliable, proactive, resourceful, and able to take initiative.
- Web-savvy art skills and able to create concepts to translate a client’s site requirements visually.
- Well-organized, self-directed, able to multi-task, and understand the importance of detailed professional-quality work.
- Needs to have solid artistic and design skills.
- Should have basic to advanced coding knowledge.
- Proficient in graphic design.
- Familiar with SEO and Internet Marketing.
- Willing to be assigned on a night-shift schedule (12 AM to 9 AM)
- Self-discipline/strong work ethic
- Great attitude
- Shows great initiative
- Desire to learn and grow
- Ability to anticipate clients’ needs
- Well organized
- Great communication skills
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- adobe after effects
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Information Services
- 1 opening
About August 99, Inc
August 99 is a company of startups with 23 years experience and expertise in the world of tech and digital. We help other businesses succeed through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovative strategy. We also offer a suite of web-based digital products for clients world-wide: full web design, internet marketing, content creation, and app development. Going beyond startups, we also believe in empowering individuals to excel in their chosen careers. August 99 fosters an exciting collaborative working environment that encourages our people to go beyond their job descriptions and achieve more. It’s all a part of our core values: dare something worthy, find your awesome, and earn your beef! August 99 is part of Venture Studio 12 (VS12). Learn more about VS12 and its global companies and brands at vs12.com.