This role is expected to deliver the business goals and provide excellent service support to the Group’s legal and compliance division to support the business operations and growth. This role is expected to work well with other people across the enterprise and be able to demonstrate compliance, audit and accounting, and also training/communication skills. He/she will act as a Single Point of Contact of the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer for all activities and processes performed in Manila and other offices globally.
Vendor and financial management
- Oversee and monitor the vendor registration and invoicing process legal consultants, lawyers, partners performed by Vessel and Corporate Accounting.
- Perform Supplier Code of Conduct exemption review and recommendation
- Oversee and collaborate with corporate accounting the budget, accruals, reporting, monitoring and analytics of the Financial performance of the legal and compliance division.
- Ensures or oversee performance Sanction monitoring by Vessel Accountant or other functions, as applicable
- Slop chest monitoring and reporting (ref Cash on Hand Procedure – ref GMS ID 867) based on the received information from the respective vessel accountants
- Assist in preparing Group wide compliance plan
- Assist in preparing and co-ordinating Board and CSR reports
- Assist in preparing and conducting internal training and communications (material, overviews, tracking attendance etc)
- Conduct compliance risk assessments
- Identify, aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements
- Internal Compliance Audits
- Coordinate internal and external compliance audits, compliance scorecards, reviews and investigations of business units
- Analyse audit findings, reports and assessments and provide recommendations for corrective action plans
- Assist Chief Legal and Compliance Officer in reviews and investigations of compliance issues or concerns within the organisation to appropriately evaluate and resolve in a timely manner
- Identify possibilities for automation and systematization of compliance process
- Collaborate with external counsel when necessary
- Act as Secretary to Compliance Committee (once established)
- Process owner of compliance related ELC SOX controls
- Code of Conduct confirmation in GMS
- Conducted e-learning
- Establish gifts and entertainment register on intranet and monitor same
Legal & Contract Affairs
- Oversee and monitor to ensure legal documents, contracts and agreements of HLNG group are archived, filed and retained electronically or physically in a timely manner by the Documents Controller.
- Overseeing use the electronic board portal
- Assist in monitoring of corporate governance compliance
- Prepare and monitor relevant overviews as agreed
- Assist with KYC requests
- You work well with other culturally diversified people
- You have a solution oriented attitude.
- You are a team-player, but also demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- You work efficiently, and achieve results on time.
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to adapt and function in diverse situations with diverse business cultures on all continents.
- You identify with HLNG`s values (and Leadership principles when applicable).
- Ability to form working relationships with demanding internal clients whilst always knowing when to seek advice from legal expertise (ie. know boundaries of own competence)