We are M2.0 Communications, and we are an agency that does lots of event management and PR work for multinationals and large local companies in industries such as electronics and appliances, real estate development, and technology. We are looking for an individual who is used to the pressures of dealing with a demanding business development team, and is smart enough to know that financial management is as much about relationship management as it is about working with numbers. If you love working with spreadsheets, are great at analyzing numbers in a flash, and have a keen knowledge of the newest local and global accounting standards, then you might be the person we’re looking for.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to a monthly close schedule
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist with quarterly producer commission reports; analyzing and correcting discrepancies
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
We are looking for self-starting and enterprising individuals (read: people who can go through life without much hand-holding). If you are great with numbers, organized, sociable, and principled, then we’d love to take a look at your CV, and get you that interview right away!
If you feel this is interesting enough, then send us your resume!
The following Skills & Qualities are required to succeed:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- CPA designation required
- 3+ years accounting/finance experience
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave