The responsibilities associated with this position include but not limited to:
Provides support to any or all of the following production planning activities, in the form of data gathering, processing, coordination, and other related tasks as determined by the Team Leader, inorder to achieve maximum possible revenue through optimal production plan
- Preparation of short-term (7-day) to medium-term (1.5-year) optimal production/generation planning of the company’s power plant assets.
- Develop and maintainan up-to-date energy and AS pricing and dispatch optimization model for production planning and support to spot trading. Activities includes;
- electricity supply and demand forecasting
- plant availability forecasting
- ancillary requirement forecasting
- utilization/development of dispatch optimization tool
- Coordination with external counterparties (NIA,NGCP,DOE,etc) to achieve the planned production of the power plants, and ensure compliance to rules and regulations.
- Improvement of forecast accuracy and optimization, and other continuous improvement initiatives on operations systems, procedures, standards, and policies.
- Research of simulations and studies that will support the production optimization and revenue maximization.
Provides support in the power systems study and grid analysis where SNAP is operating
Provides support in achieving maximum revenue from Ancillary Services in the form of data gathering, processing, coordination, and other related tasks. Support activities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct optimization studies to maximize the value from SNAP generation assets and serve as a basis for direct ASPA contracting.
- Monitor incidents of SNAP Plants AS non-compliances and lead the resolution to such non-compliances.
- Perform Ancillary Services billing and settlement reconciliations.
- Development of business case studies that would deliver value the organization
- AS Certification testing
Be able to perform trader functions that maximize revenue from spot energy and ancillary services trading:
- Formulation, submission, and/or updating of AS and spot market offers with consideration of the market (ASandSpot) rules, ancillary service schedule, operational and market data and other relevant information, and in accordance with the group’s strategy.
- Planning and preparation of Ancillary Service nominations for the provision of Ancillary Service in line with the company’s contractual obligations and strategy.
- Development and recommendation of bidding and nomination strategies, as well as improvement to existing strategies considering historical market performance and other relevant available information.
- Coordination with plant personnel, System Operators and Market Operators to achieve an efficient and effective trading and plant operations and be able to anticipate behavior of counterparties that may affect such activities.
- Reporting and monitoring of the status of the market including competitor’s probable bid behavior and strategy, demand profile, status of the transmission network, and plant outages, and the general outlook in terms of probable pricing outcomes and power supply conditions to be able to respond to changes in the grid and the market so as to maximize opportunities available with such changes.
- Preparation, analysis, and submission of regular reports on results of market trading, statements on revenue, costs and profits, highlighting conditions which could dynamically be improved, either through planning or better instantaneous responses to changes
Other Related Tasks
- Assist in the implementation of Integrated Management Systems (Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, and Asset) and compliance to regulatory requirements
- Participate in the different programs of the organization
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned by immediate superior
Minimum of 1-year experience in the electricity industry, hydropower plant operations, energy trading, market analysis, commercial planning, and/or production and transmission planning and analysis.
Degree in Engineering, Economics, or Mathematics. With preference for candidates with Electrical Engineering Degree.
Basic knowledge and understanding of hydropower plant operations, power industry, WESM, grid analysis, forecasting and optimization methods
Basic knowledge in Transmission Analysis Tools (e.g. PSS/E) or similarsoftware is preferred.
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening