Design Engineer | Cebu
Trends Group, Inc.
- Cebu City, PhilippinesCebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise cost-effective solutions in voice, data, and fiber (IHW and OSP) structured cabling specifically optimized for the user.
- Provide on-site coordination with the project team, including client representatives, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Schedule, perform, and document findings from on-site surveys of existing structured cabling systems and auxiliary system wirings
- Coordinate and produce designs for telecommunications work area outlet types, configurations, and locations.
- Coordinate and produce structured cable designs to support work area outlet/device types, configurations, and locations.
- Coordinate and produce detailed pathway designs to support inside and outside plant cabling infrastructure, including fill calculations.
- Coordinate infrastructure needs with other systems: CCTV, Access Control, Audio/Video, Fire Alarm, WLAN, Building Automation/Management, etc.
- Produce detailed floor plan and enlarged telecommunication space designs.
- Work with CAD team to produce detailed construction drawings in AutoCAD based on project criteria.
- Create and manage cable schedules depicting cable types, labels and run lengths for all cables in a design.
- Assist the sales organization by attending site-walk and pre-bid meetings. Track all site visits and keep detailed information of site conditions for use in the development of an accurate cost estimate.
- Provide complete project engineering, selection of applicable materials and estimating labor. Write scope of work and develop cost estimate in response to bid specifications.
- Produce and respond to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NFPA codes, TIA standards, BICSI publications, Local codes or other relevant criteria.
A. Minimum Education
Bachelor’s degree in ECE-licensed
B. Minimum Experience/Training
1 to 2 years’ experience as Design Engineer
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
Background for High level building PA/Fire Detection and Alarm system
- Surveillance system design for City wide area coverage
- Amenable to do Onsite Survey and Willing to travel Visayas and Mindanao Area
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Cebu City, Central Visayas, Philippines
- Information Technology / IT
- 1 opening
About Trends Group, Inc.
The milestones achieved by our first company, Trends, is a testament to how impactful and well-received our humble beginnings have been. Now, we have multiple subsidiaries that operate independently of each other, with distinct business objectives and operational structure. When we are blessed with success, it is our duty to walk in wisdom and plan our course for making the best of it. Empowered by a strong vision, we are now ready to put in the work that comes with positioning our conglomerate to enter the world’s biggest economies. From generating growth in the ICT industry, we are now pursuing to nurture leading and global businesses. The time has come to explore the possibilities in ICT and beyond. Equipped with a vision and the right values, we are expanding and reaching new heights as a powerful, nurturing, and timeless conglomerate. We are moving towards a more promising future to cultivate opportunities and provide a customer experience like no other. Trends Group Inc. promises to give our partners the satisfaction they deserve and elevate itself to create and grow leading and global businesses.