Heavy Equipment Operator | Toril, Davao City
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesPhilippines, Davao del Sur, Toril, Davao CityDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
This position is responsible for the operation of Heavy Equipment (e.g. payloader, skid loader, forklift, and manlift), Stacker/Reclaimer or Ship Unloader in accordance with company policies, standard operating procedures, established rules and regulations, and equipment specifications.
This position is responsible for facilitating safe, reliable and efficient coal yard operations (Heavy Equipment), coal storing and reclaiming (Stacker/Reclaimer) , as well as coal unloading from the coal delivery ship (Unloader).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates Heavy Equipment, Stacker/Reclaimer or Unloader following equipment operating procedures and specifications for efficient and safe operation of coal yard (for HE and Stacker/Reclaimer) and unloading coal delivery from the shift (Unloader).
- Monitors record using checklists and evaluates equipment operating conditions to detect deviations from standards and/or other operating problems and executes necessary corrective measures. Promptly reports to the Supervisor and problems that cannot be resolved by the incumbent for appropriate action.
- Observes proper turnover procedures before leaving the post or taking over the next shift to ensure smooth turnover of responsibilities.
- Prepares and submits regular status reports on Heavy Equipment operation and maintenance for reference and control.
- Coordinates with immediate superior the stacking location inside coal dome for new coal deliveries following the First-In-First-Out (FIFO) sequence in storing coal.
- Coordinates with immediate superior the schedule of coal loading to silos following approved coal blending and the First-In-First-Out (FIFO) schedule.
- Coordinates with SCADA Operator during the coal handling operation to ensure safe and efficient forwarding of unloading of coal.
- Monitors, records and reports coal temperature to identify possible hotspot or spontaneous combustion and coordinates with Supervisor and HE Operator to mitigate hotspot.
- Records coal temperature monitoring in a monitoring sheet at the beginning and end of shift.
- Records in log sheet the start and end of coal forwarding to silo/s.
- Coordinates with SCADA Operator on the status of conveyors during coal unloading operation to ensure safe transfer of delivered coal from the ship to the coal dome.
- Records operations parameters in log sheet during coal unloading operation and submits to Supervisor.
- Inspects, maintains and troubleshoots Heavy Equipment, Stacker/Reclaimer or Unloader to keep them in good working order at all times. Reports problems encountered to immediate Supervisor for information and/or appropriate action.
- Coordinates preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment with the Maintenance Department to ensure optimum performance.
- Maintains and conducts regular cleaning of equipment and proper housekeeping to eliminate coal dust accumulation to prevent fire accidents.
- Reports problems encountered to the supervisor for information and/or appropriate action. Prepares work requests for corrective maintenance.
- Monitors, records and evaluates equipment operating conditions, based on parameters, to detect deviations from standards and/or other operating problems, and executes necessary corrective measures. Promptly reports to the Supervisor any problems that cannot be resolved by the incumbent for appropriate action.
- Complies with occupational safety and health as well as environmental rules and regulations to prevent accidents, illness, and adverse effects on the environment.
- Complies with housekeeping policies within his/her area of responsibility during assigned shifts to maintain standards of cleanliness and orderliness of plant equipment and premises.
- Vocational degree in Automotive Technology
- At least 2 years experience in the operation of coal-handling equipment and 6 months training in the operation and maintenance of an Stacker/Reclaimer or Unloader
- Certified NC2 Heavy Equipment Operator or NC2 Overhead Crane (Unloader)
- Knowledge in mechanical and electrical systems of the Heavy Equipment, Stacker/Reclaimer or Unloader including its design, use, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply local laws, regulations rules and ordinances and departmental policies and procedures related to the area of operation including occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Working knowledge on good techniques and practices in the proper use of tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand equipment instructional manuals and operating procedure of the heavy equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships among co-workers.
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Skilled Trade
- Educational Requirement
- Completed vocational course
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture