This position is responsible for on-site inspection, local operation and monitoring and routine minor maintenance of the Boiler and Turbine/Generator equipments, Balance-of-Plants (BOP) equipments and accessories, Powerblock & BOP Fire fighting equipments, including Seawater Intake facility Equipment and service water pumps. This position’s area of responsibility covers the Boiler, Turbine/Generator, Standby Diesel Driven and AC-Driven Gen-set Unit and related fire-fighting equipment, Seawater Intake facility equipment, and all balance of plants equipment and auxiliaries that form part of the boiler/turbine operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, monitors, records periodically in log sheets, and evaluates the physical condition of the Boiler/Turbine generator and related auxiliary equipment and accessories on-site as well as the operating values indicated at local instruments and panels to detect evidence of equipment malfunction and/or deviations from prescribed standards. Including electrochlorination facility (for TSI only). Reports any abnormalities observed to the immediate Supervisor for appropriate action.
- Regulates and adjusts auxiliary equipment with local controls to achieve stable operations upon the instruction of the Control Room Engineer, Shift Supervisor or Shift Manager.
- Maintains the cleanliness of equipment, auxiliaries, and accessories within the area of responsibility using appropriate cleaning methods to prevent equipment deterioration.
- Test-runs emergency generators and all stand-by equipment and records in log sheets in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure reliability and performance.
- Assists the Control Room Engineer and/or Maintenance team in equipment repair and maintenance procedures to facilitate the servicing of equipment, as needed.
- Observes proper turn-over procedures before leaving the post or taking over the next shift to ensure a smooth turn-over of responsibilities.
- Updates work instructions and procedures.
- Performs lock-out tag-out.
- Complies with occupational safety and health as well as environmental rules and regulations to prevent accidents, illness, and adverse effects on the environment.
- Complies with housekeeping policies within his/her area of responsibility during assigned shifts to maintain standards of cleanliness and orderliness of plant equipment and premises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Preferably Registered Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineer
- At least 2 years experience in a power generation plant or 3 years experience in an industrial plant
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems of Boilers and Turbine/Generators, and sea water intake equipment including their design, operation, use, repair, and maintenance. Including electrochlorination facility - for TSI only.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply local laws, regulations, rules and ordinances and departmental policies and procedures related to the area of operation, including occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Working knowledge on good techniques and practices in monitoring and maintaining Boiler/Turbine auxiliary and water treatment equipment.
- Ability to generate written reports using Microsoft Office applications or similar software applications as required.
- Ability to communicate using different media such as email, radio and telephone.
- Ability to read and understand equipment instructional manuals and maintenance operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with line managers and associates.
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening