Non-Print Librarian | Ateneo Senior High School
Ateneo de Manila University
- Quezon City, PhilippinesKatipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the SHS Coordinator of the Educational Media Center (EMC)
- The Non-print Librarian is responsible for planning, administering, and supervising the programs and services of the Instructional Technology Center (ITC) of the Senior High School.
- The Non-print Librarian supports
- SHS plans and operations by ensuring the smooth function of the SHS-ITC to empower and support the academic, formation, and co-curricular programs of the school. The Standard for Philippine Libraries states that there should be 2 librarians for every 1,000 students of the school. Because the SHS has almost 2,000 students all-in-all, having a non-print librarian will ensure that the SHS will meet this standard in preparation for the school’s PAASCU accreditation.
- The University’s strategic plans by developing excellent systems (ad intra) of the SHS-ITC to support online and on-campus teaching-learning experiences of students and teachers, with a view to contributing to the school’s goal of becoming an excellent digital university
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the EMC Coordinator in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the programs, resources, services, and impact in the school of the ITC
- Selects and recommends AV instructional materials and equipment for purchase to supplement the school’s curriculum needs.
- Keeps and maintains accurate records of all non-print materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Communicates to students, faculty, and administration new acquisitions, policies and procedures through onsite (e.g. bulletin board displays, exhibits, etc.) and online means (e.g. website, social media, etc.)
- Champions media literacy in the school and educates faculty, staff, professionals, and students on the effective use of non-print materials, equipment, and other non-print resources
- Classifies and/or catalogs all non-print materials in varied formats.
- Keeps track of budgetary expenditures for the purchase of non-print materials, supplies and equipment in accordance with the approved budget.
- Organizes and maintains the online digital repository system.
- Assists in the supervision and evaluation of the ITC staff.
- Performs other such duties as may be required by the position in accordance with the instructions and guidelines of the SHS EMC Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has the ability to assume supervisory responsibilities for the operations of the Instructional Technology Center (ITC)
- Has the willingness to teach Information Literacy and Digital Citizenship to junior high school students
- Adept in ICT applications and related technologies
- With excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least 22 years of age;
- In good health and of good moral character;
- A graduate of a school, college, or university recognized by the government in any of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Library Science (BLS) or of Library and Information Science (BLIS);
- Bachelor of Science in Library Science (BSLS) or in Library and Information Science (BSLIS);
- Certified by the Professional Regulatory Board for Librarians.
- At least 2 years of experience
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Administration and Coordination
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Katipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 1 opening
About Ateneo de Manila University
The Ateneo de Manila University (Ateneo) is one of the leading universities in the Philippines. More than 150 years in existence, the Ateneo has grown into a major Jesuit institution. Officially it became a university in 1959. It offers over 100 academic degree programmes. Ateneo offers Basic Education (Grade School, Junior and Senior High School). In addition, the Loyola Schools (college) is made up of four schools (Social Sciences; Humanities; Science and Engineering; and Management) that offer graduate and undergraduate degrees, with a total enrolment of about 10,000 students per year. The Ateneo has 4 professional schools located in 3 campuses in Quezon City, Makati City and Pasig City (Business; Government; Law; and Medicine and Public Health), with about 4,000 professional postgraduate students. It has an array of research centres, 11 of which are recognized as Centres of Excellence by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education. In addition to a European Studies Programme, it has a Centre for Asian Studies that fosters comparative research on East and Southeast Asia. The Ateneo has 207 partnerships with universities around the world (82 in Europe, 87 in Asia, 11 in Australia and New Zealand, and 27 in North and South America) and is a member of the ASEAN Universities Network and 3 other international university networks. The Ateneo’s Rizal Library is the most advanced in the Philippines with over 307,000 titles in its collection and online access to most major academic journals.