Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director, the School Nurse provides nursing care and assists the school physicians in servicing the medical needs of students, faculty, staff, and other school personnel. The position will also help augment the current staff complement at the Office of Health Services as we set strategies to secure the health and safety of the Loyola Schools as we aim to provide optimum healthcare to everyone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Medical Services Support
- Initial Assessment and Coordination
- Coordinates schedules for online/onsite consultations, follow-up, and routine interviews.
- Conducts initial interviews for the consulting students online or on-site.
- Assists the doctors in wound dressing, administering injections, and other clinic procedures.
- Takes vital signs of the patients.
- Makes rounds of the Observation Area and monitors progress of students in the said area.
- Assists in the arrangement of transport for the conduct of patients for referral.
- Assists in calling of referral students for interview/follow up.
- Coordinates and sets an appointment with psychiatrist and other professional help for the referral student, per instruction/advice of the attending physician.
- Assists in contact-tracing and monitoring of active cases as needed
- Performs as a First response team, as needed.
- Assists in calling and monitoring of students with disability
- Coordinates with other offices and faculty regarding health status of students as needed
- Infectious and Communicable Disease Team Member
- Assists and monitors the implementation of infection control procedures at the Infectious Patients triage area.
- Assists in monitoring and preparing reports related to Infectious consultations
- Manages triage of infectious patients; assures necessary isolation and containment protocols.
- Assists in the screening, isolation, contact tracing, development, and implementation of
infection control protocols in her designated area.
- Assists in liaison with University Physician for reporting of current COVID-19 cases.
- Conducts regular checks of reported cases to determine clustering.
II. Health Education Support
- Wellness and Fitness Programs/Comprehensive Anti-Drug Abuse Program (CADAP) Support
- Health Education Program Facilitator
III. Frontline and Administrative Support
- Manages shift in front desk reception, triage of patients, and likewise directs patient flow and queuing as needed.
- Keeps the clinic premises orderly and clean
- Maintains logbook wherein students/employees sign for medicines given to them
- Assists in the inventory of supplies, equipment, and medications for the isolation of infectious patients.
IV. Records-keeping and Documentation
- Assist in the screening of incoming freshman medical record such as checking if the vaccine records are complete, if there are special needs or any psychological problem before entering in the university
- Assists in the filing and safekeeping of medical records.
- Keeps, records, monitors, and summarizes reports of OGC referrals.
- Assists in contact tracing reports and generates reports for consultations and procedures
- Generates reports and keeps records of students with disability.
V. Performs other duties in the clinic, as may be assigned by the School Physician
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Nursing Degree, with professional licensure.
- With at least 2-3 years’ experience in hospital or clinic setting with patient care.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Health and Medical
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 3 openings