The primary focus of the role is to carry out the billing analysis when matters settle at the common law stage or when serious injury is granted.
- Providing a detailed and comprehensive invoice to the Defendant when a file is ready to be billed.
- Compiling bills to the client.
- Drafting letters to the defendant’s solicitor and the client regarding settlement and costing.
- Developing an understanding of the litigation and settlement procedures.
- Having a clear understanding of the relevant Legal Costs Orders.
- Maintaining records in both paper and electronic format ensuring content is up-to-date.
- Liaising with barrister clerks and various medical practitioners.
- Advising legal assistants/client when settlement cheque is ready.
- Liaising and negotiating reductions with Worksafe.
Working closely with accounts receivable officer in the following areas:
- Preparing debtor lists and other necessary reports relating to outstanding amounts.
- Monitoring and updating debtor transactions.
- Managing a section of the Debtors Ledger by monitoring and collecting amounts due and payable to the Firm.
- Identifying potential risk accounts and pass on to Manager if applicable.
- Preparing and maintaining of debtor reports.
- Coordinating and negotiating the collection of outstanding money.
- Reviewing Debtor and closing file, preparing write off form.
- Frequently reviewing overdue accounts.
- Ensuring overdue payments are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Supporting members of the team as required.
- Following directions and instructions requested by the Finance Manager.
- Ensuring a positive attitude and a collaborative approach towards other
- Performing duties consistent with skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognised institution is preferred.
- Previous legal and/or billing experience is preferred.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to check, reconcile, and flag anomalies particularly in
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook.
- Proven ability to service stakeholders in an efficient yet friendly manner.
Ability to adjust language to suit a variety of circumstances (e.g. confident
language when communicating with debtors).
- Exceptional personal time management, prioritising tasks and able to
produce quality work when working on multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proven self-starter ability and working autonomously. Operates diligently without direct supervision.
- Prioritisation of tasks.
- Bills are sent out in a timely manner.
- Effective interactions with stakeholders (internal and external).
- Files and records of outgoing bills are maintained to a high standard,
- Enabling key personnel to access complete information in a timely manner.
- Willingness to take on extra tasks and work extra hours necessary to meet business objectives.
- Able to think outside the box and identifies new ways to improve and streamline systems and procedures for owner’s benefit.
- Demonstrating high attention to detail and accuracy in your work. (e.g. data entry skills with minimal errors).
- Effective interpretation of numerical data to identify discrepancies and raise these with the finance manager promptly.
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable and able to handle highly sensitive financial information confidentially and appropriately.
- Compliant with finance policy and procedures.
- Follows directions and instructions given by direct supervisor in a receptive manner.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Organizing and Planning
- Auditing and Compliance
- Processing Information
- Attention to Detail
- Billing and Invoicing
- Microsoft / MS Excel
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Information Services
- 1 opening