August 99, Inc
- Pasig, PhilippinesOrtigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippinesTELECOMMUTE
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The primary focus of the role is to carry out the billing analysis when matters settle at the common law stage or when serious injury is granted.
- Providing a detailed and comprehensive invoice to the Defendant when a file is ready to be billed.
- Compiling bills to the client.
- Drafting letters to the defendant’s solicitor and the client regarding settlement and costing.
- Developing an understanding of the litigation and settlement procedures.
- Having a clear understanding of the relevant Legal Costs Orders.
- Maintaining records in both paper and electronic format ensuring content is up-to-date.
- Liaising with barrister clerks and various medical practitioners.
- Advising legal assistants/client when settlement cheque is ready.
- Liaising and negotiating reductions with Worksafe.
Working closely with accounts receivable officer in the following areas:
- Preparing debtor lists and other necessary reports relating to outstanding amounts.
- Monitoring and updating debtor transactions.
- Managing a section of the Debtors Ledger by monitoring and collecting amounts due and payable to the Firm.
- Identifying potential risk accounts and pass on to Manager if applicable.
- Preparing and maintaining of debtor reports.
- Coordinating and negotiating the collection of outstanding money.
- Reviewing Debtor and closing file, preparing write off form.
- Frequently reviewing overdue accounts.
- Ensuring overdue payments are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Supporting members of the team as required.
- Following directions and instructions requested by the Finance Manager.
- Ensuring a positive attitude and a collaborative approach towards other
- Performing duties consistent with skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognised institution is preferred.
- Previous legal and/or billing experience is preferred.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to check, reconcile, and flag anomalies particularly in
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook.
- Proven ability to service stakeholders in an efficient yet friendly manner.
Ability to adjust language to suit a variety of circumstances (e.g. confident
language when communicating with debtors).
- Exceptional personal time management, prioritising tasks and able to
produce quality work when working on multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proven self-starter ability and working autonomously. Operates diligently without direct supervision.
- Prioritisation of tasks.
- Bills are sent out in a timely manner.
- Effective interactions with stakeholders (internal and external).
- Files and records of outgoing bills are maintained to a high standard,
- Enabling key personnel to access complete information in a timely manner.
- Willingness to take on extra tasks and work extra hours necessary to meet business objectives.
- Able to think outside the box and identifies new ways to improve and streamline systems and procedures for owner’s benefit.
- Demonstrating high attention to detail and accuracy in your work. (e.g. data entry skills with minimal errors).
- Effective interpretation of numerical data to identify discrepancies and raise these with the finance manager promptly.
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable and able to handle highly sensitive financial information confidentially and appropriately.
- Compliant with finance policy and procedures.
- Follows directions and instructions given by direct supervisor in a receptive manner.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Organizing and Planning
- Auditing and Compliance
- Processing Information
- Attention to Detail
- Billing and Invoicing
- Microsoft / MS Excel
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ortigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Information Services
- 1 opening
About August 99, Inc
August 99 is a company of startups with 23 years experience and expertise in the world of tech and digital. We help other businesses succeed through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovative strategy. We also offer a suite of web-based digital products for clients world-wide: full web design, internet marketing, content creation, and app development. Going beyond startups, we also believe in empowering individuals to excel in their chosen careers. August 99 fosters an exciting collaborative working environment that encourages our people to go beyond their job descriptions and achieve more. It’s all a part of our core values: dare something worthy, find your awesome, and earn your beef! August 99 is part of Venture Studio 12 (VS12). Learn more about VS12 and its global companies and brands at vs12.com.