Editor in Chief
Fil-Chi Media Productions Inc. (Chinoy TV)
- Manila, PhilippinesPhilippines, Metro Manila, ManilaManilaMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
- Formulates content strategy for CHiNOY TV's website
- In charge of overseeing the organization’s entire operations from its vision, mission, and production of publications (print and web) from conceptualization to execution
- Overseeing the planning and conception of both written and visual contents to be featured / published on the website
- Governes the whole process of content and asset creation-including task allocation of writers, video editors, and designers, control of the task execution, and proofreading
- Writes articles and contributes editorial pieces.
- Edits and proof reads articles for posting
- Exploits different online tools (Google Analytics, SEO, SEM) to improve content creation and publishing on the site
- Participates in content development process that’s aligned with the brand’s marketing strategy
- Handling reader complaints and taking responsibility for issues that may have arisen after publication.
- Works hand in hand with the Digital Media Manager
Strong editorial judgment and languages skills
Having proven news judgement and an excellent work ethic;
Being able to spot and correct grammar, spelling, and syntax errors in texts; and
Possessing great attention to detail and high levels of thoroughness in order to ensure that all texts follow the same writing style.
Outstanding creativity, insight, and a positive, go-to attitude:
Being creative, curious, and knowledgeable in a broad range of topics; and
Possessing high levels of creativity in order to come up with interesting stories.
Impeccable interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities:
Communicating clearly, both verbally and in writing, in order to give clear instructions to the staff members;
Possessing enough leadership skills to drive their team towards maximum productivity.
Excellent computer and social media management skills:
Being proficient in word-processing programs and editing tools; and
Strong organizational and time management skills:
Being capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks effectively;
Being able to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
Being able to make quick and accurate decisions, especially when deadlines are approaching; and
Being versatile, flexible, and willing to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
Motivated, independent, result-oriented, and professional.
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Philippines, Metro Manila, Manila
- Broadcast Media
- 1 opening
About Fil-Chi Media Productions Inc. (Chinoy TV)
“CHINOY TV” is the only Philippine-based television program that features the Chinese heritage and how it harmonizes with the Filipino culture. We believe that the Chinese aspect, in particular, should be elaborated more than overlooked. Thus, we continue to commit ourselves in fulfilling our mission specifically in:
- Promoting and preserving the Chinese culture through our different platforms (TV, Print, Online) and Events.
- Providing inspirations by regularly upholding the work and lives of our remarkable fellows in the Chinese-Filipino community.
- Giving the Chinoy youth different avenues to maximize their talents in various fields of media, entertainment and performing arts.
- Bridging the Chinese and Filipino community.
To do these, we have invited young, dynamic Chinoys like athlete-turned-TV personality Gretchen Ho and formerly, Chris Tiu, who are both figures of inspiration to the community, to help us explore lifestyle and other relevant stories of Chinoy entrepreneurs and their businesses, as well as on health and wellness and recent events. From May to July 2016, we have successfully spearheaded the third Mr. and Ms. Chinatown pageant which aims to search for Chinoys who would serve as role models to the youth. We have also consistently led Chinese themed events that highlight the best of Chinese traditional arts and culture for all kinds of audience to learn and appreciate. Chinoy TV airs every Saturday 8pm on ANC