Programmer | Applications Developer
Filstar Distributors Corporation
- Pasig, PhilippinesPasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
- Maintains existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Assists in the development and troubleshooting of internal IT programs.
- Conceptualizes programs and understands program flow.
- Ensures operations of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Assists the employees for any IT related concerns regarding systems.
- Documents Program codes and modifications for reference.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Can analyze and interpret data.
- Should think logically and with keen eye for details.
- With high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Good organizational, planning, interpersonal and analytical skills
Perks and Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Employee Activities
- Uniform or uniform allowance
- Employee Referral Program
- Uniform, Dental
- Optional membership of dependents in HMO
- Broader coverage of insurance
- Bereavement assistance of 10k, paid bereavement leave
- Compressed workweek Monday to Friday only.
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Retail Industry
- 1 opening
About Filstar Distributors Corporation
Filstar Distributors Corporation maintains the prestige of being the exclusive licensee of Hallmark Cards in the Philippines since 1974. In addition, it was made the authorized distributor of the following brands: • Pioneer Balloons from the U.S.A. in 1995 • BIC Stationery products from France in 2001; BIC Lighters and Shavers (exclusive distributorship) • Everts Balloons from Malaysia in 2003 • Martha Stewart Crafts • Scentco • Crayola (Licensee) The company was the first to introduce the scrapbooking hobby in the Philippines, creating the brand Craft Easy, formerly known as All About Scrapbooking. Other of its locally-created brands include: • Celebration Balloons • Wrapsody - a line of high-end quality gift wrap paper with special effects • Wrap 'Em Up – ribbons and quick gift wrapping ideas • Photofun photo albums THE STORY OF THE HALLMARK BRAND AND FILSTAR, THE COMPANY, IN THE PHILIPPINES The beginnings of Hallmark in the Philippines had its share of twists and charm. In 1969, people from Kansas City, U.S.A., home of the Hallmark headquarters, came to the Philippines looking for a local licensee. It was in National Book Store (NBS) that Hallmark discovered the qualities they too valued: the premium placed on excellence and the right attitude towards growth. These were the same qualities which the founder of NBS, Mrs. Socorro C. Ramos, valued. It was a Good Friday when Mrs. Ramos was approached by Hallmark U.S.A. Thereafter, she went to Kansas City to arrange the deal and successfully came back with the license to manufacture and distribute Hallmark in the Philippines. It was on her kitchen table that the very first cards were planned. This was in 1973, the start of the Hallmark- NBS partnership. The next year, Hallmark cards made their appearance on the racks of National Book Store. What followed were years of astounding growth and excellence. In product lines, from Christmas to everyday themes, more greeting cards and other excellent products have been added on each year to establish a full line of quality Hallmark merchandise. Today, Filstar distributes to 1,000 outlets nationwide and has evolved to be a distributor of not just Hallmark, but of other products that supplement and enhance the personal expressions industry. The successful introduction of the All About Scrapbooking brand spearheaded the art of scrapbooking in the Philippines. It is now the top of mind brand of scrapbooking enthusiasts and hobbyists.