GA Accountant | Reliever
SN Aboitiz Power Group
- Taguig, Philippines10th Flr., NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The Responsibilities associated with this position include:
Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Prepares and analyzes cash in bank balances and maintains monthly reconciliation against Bank Statements of Passbook
- Analyzes and monitors intercompany balances, employee advances and all other assigned schedules
- Analyzes other Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss account balances and ensures accuracy of transactions, balances and reconciling entries
- Ensures immediate disposition of all reconciling items; errors should be reported immediately to the erring parties for correction and/or info
- Communicates with concerned Department for any deviation from Company’s policies; responds to inquiries
Assists in the monthly closing of books.
- Ensures that procedures in the closing of Fixed assets and General Ledger modules of all the entities are carried out properly
- Helps in the timely recording of necessary accruals and adjusting entries
- Helps ensure completeness of records prior to finalization of financials
- Initiates analysis of accounts comparing actual, budget and last year’s numbers
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Initiates and recommends solutions for any issues that will be encountered during the closing activities
Performs financial planning and analysis.
- Prepares assigned monthly reports and sends them to concerned recipients based on agreed timeline
- Manages all user queries regarding monthly OPEX and CAPEX reports
- Assists in the budgeting and planning activities specifically on the preparation, consolidation, review and presentation of reports
- Helps in the explanation of major variances to the management
- Prepares and analyzes periodic management reports like Mancom materials, Excom/Board reports, SFR, Hyperion, and other reportorial requirements of AEV/AP/Page and Scatec
Helps prepare required schedules needed by Internal & External audits and BIR audits; responds to queries of auditors as necessary
Helps facilitate the timely completion of the Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and ensures that review/sign-off by the Financial Controller and Chief Finance Officer are obtained for the accuracy of the AFS and related statutory financial reporting requirements.
Helps develop and implement process improvements and lead special projects assigned by the Senior Finance Manager.
Assists in the creation of relevant and user-friendly working templates, dashboards and reporting formats in Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis and Budgeting.
Helps in crafting, developing, disseminating and implementing policies and procedures and controls to ensure compliance to laws and regulations and accounting standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assists in the implementation of Integrated Management Systems (Quality, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, and Asset) and compliance to regulatory requirements
- Regular reports unwanted occurrences and abides by the safety standards set by the management
- Performs such other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Finance Manager
- Knowledge of personal computer operating systems; MS Office and related hardware, software and peripherals.
- Skill in understanding and following written and oral instructions; effective oral and written communications; handling multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting working deadlines; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Minimum of two  years’ experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting, Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in Oracle System would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening