Mechanical Design Manager
- Taguig, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippinesTELECOMMUTE
- Full timeFULL_TIME
The Mechanical Design Manager is responsible for overall management of the mechanical work requirements and assessments from Pre-screening to Execution in accordance to the best practices and standards, within budget, and within schedule. It includes management of Contract and interface collaborations with other sections to ensure project is delivered on schedule and on time.
Key to his / her role will be the management and successful mechanical engineering support to the Renewable Energy, New Technologies and Execution Projects to include:
- Planning, organizing, directing, oversight, and review of activities in providing mechanical engineering design and solutions to customers;
- Ensures that the design information that the team will produce is of the right quality and in line with project timelines and budgets;
- Management of the Mechanical Design Team manpower and team development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develops technical inputs to the terms of reference for electro-mechanical supply contracts. Supports the Commercial & Financial team in managing the bidding process and negotiations with potential service consultants/suppliers/contractors and make recommendations for award.
- Manages Contract progress in accordance with specific Project development & delivery milestones and responds to Contract commercial and technical concerns.
- Manage, document and follow procedures for engineering management, including quality control, documentation of decisions and administrative filing and document control.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates on a periodic basis to determine performance level and areas for improvement.
- Performs any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
Willing to travel in project sites.
- At least 7 years of related experience, 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years of project experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; MS/MBA, Holder preferred.
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer; Professional Mechanical Engineer is preferred.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving and decision making ability
- Sense of organization and time management
- Interpersonal and people-handling skills
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Company Car
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Mechanical Engineer
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture