- The position is responsible for establishing well-built solutions and data architectures that helps teams develop the product on time, on budget, and ensures that it solves the problem it was designed to solve.
- Responsible as well in creating conceptual and physical strategies for data acquisition, integration, storing, modeling, and analysis.
- Analyzes and evaluates the technology platform, framework, or tech-stack and see how it can be used to solve a given business problem.
- Recommends and endorses solutions for more effective systems that best meets the requirements of the business.
- Analyzes enterprise systems specifics and see how things will scale for the future and how they will be maintained.
- Analyzes and documents business requirements
- Involves in solution/technology evaluation by providing recommendations such as should we build or buy a solution, what technology platform should we use, how will the system scale to meet expected user demand, how should the solution components be deployed, and how will the solution integrate with other systems.
- Ensures that solutions developed complies with the approved architecture.
- Supports project management activities to ensure that resources, risk recognition, and planning stay aligned with solution goals.
- Develops architectural strategies and principles for data modeling, design, and implementation to meet stated business requirements for data management, operational data stores and Extract-Transform-Load environments.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, including enterprise architects, solutions architects, system designers, solutions engineers, data engineers & scientists, and business process analysts to determine data requirements and capabilities in projects and recommend development and implementation strategies.
- Coordinates with the Data Science Teams to identify current and future needs and requirements.
- Reviews existing data architectures to evaluate overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to the management.
- Creates and tests prototypes of data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency.
- Supports data engineers & database administrators, network designers and other IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data storage, backup, and recovery.
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- At least 5 years of working experience in one or multiple IT areas.
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading technical project implementations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or any 4-year related course.
Proven experience in:
- Engineering and architecture design of software and data.
- IT infra and cloud development
- Software development/DevOps
- Information technology integration with architectural patterns, building APIs, micro services, event streams, and high throughput systems.
- Integration tool (ex. IBM Connect, Apigee, Oracle SOA)
- Business analysis
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Gym Membership
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. At AboitizPower, we transform energy for a better world. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. AboitizPower will never ask or solicit any form of payment at any point during the job application process. AboitizPower only uses its official pages and links to communicate open roles and its recruitment. To ensure your security, please correspond and refer to the official channels only. Our official channels are: 1. Aboitiz Power Corporation Website: https://www.aboitizpower.com 2. Careers Website: https://careers.aboitizpower.com 3. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aboitizpower