General Ledger Analyst | Hybrid
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Taguig, PhilippinesNAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippinesTELECOMMUTE
- Full timeFULL_TIME
This position is responsible for the timely and proper recording of financial transactions in conformity with accounting standards, statutory and regulatory requirements. This position is primarily responsible in preparing the account analysis of all General Ledger Accounts on a monthly basis and ensuring that they are thorough, accurate and timely as well as determining expenses for accrual for closing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records completely all transactions in conformity with Company policies and procedures, accounting standards and prevailing government regulations.
- Performs reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts other than those related to Inventory, Trade Receivables, Fixed Assets and Plant Related Costs.
- Coordinates, assists and prepares various analytical schedules and data for monthly report package (as assigned), internal and external audit requirements.
- Provides notes, schedules and disclosures in the audited financial statements related to assigned scope.
- Provides necessary information and analysis to respond to inquiries and aid financial reporting, budgeting, financial audits, tax examinations, and due diligence.
- Carries out Oracle General Ledger functions and perform month-end and year-end closing tasks in accordance with established due dates as set forth in month-end closing calendar.
- Prepares and files tax schedules (except 1600, 1601 E/F) and returns.
- Maintains an orderly filing of documents and records of all financial transactions that are assigned in their custody.
- Collaborates with the different departments to reconcile, resolve issues, abnormal balances and significant variances on assigned Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Coordinates with external parties (i.e. Bank) to reconcile and resolve issues noted in the bank reconciliation.
- Coordinates with TSG and other BU Accountants to reconcile, resolve issues, ensure timely submission and reporting of accurate financial information on money market placements, intercompany transactions required in the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Conforms to the company’s Quality, Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Asset Management, Energy Management, Business Continuity Management System and Information Security Management Systems policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines based on ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 55001, ISO 50001, and ISO 22301 Standards.
- Reports Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety events/incidents or potential events, or other security risks to the organization/ committees-in-charge.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference in accordance with ISMS policies
- Maintains availability, confidentiality, and integrity of documents
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the TL.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- At least 1 year of related work experience in Accounting/Finance
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant
- Automated Financial Systems (ERP System)
- MS Office Application
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication Skills
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- NAC Tower, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture