The OPS Sr. Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the coal plant in accordance with Company policies, standards, and procedures and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to safely and efficiently contribute in the attainment of the Company’s power generation objectives and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets the Operations Department’s operational objectives and production targets in support of the Company’s strategic plans.
- Develops and implements the Department’s operating programs, defining over-all action plans, schedules, and responsibilities to achieve its objectives and targets. Systematically monitors and evaluates progress and status for management information and decision-making.
- Plans and coordinates the human, equipment, financial and other resources required to implement the Department’s operating programs.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation of prescribed operational policies, standards, and procedures as well as housekeeping measures, safety rules and regulations, and environmental laws to ensure proper compliance.
- Directs and coordinates the work of subordinates in the execution of the Department’s operating programs to achieve its objectives and power generation targets, making sure that responsibility and accountability for delegated work are clearly defined and understood.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates operational performance, and implements improvements or corrective measures as needed to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Maintains current knowledge of new concepts, trends and methods on power plant operations and associated government laws and regulations to keep plant operations updated and operating in compliance at all times.
- Reviews, develops and/or revises plant procedures as well as emergency response procedures.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of a preventive, corrective, and emergency operating program to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient performance of all main and auxiliary equipment and machineries at all times.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of quality assurance and control programs and procedures to ensure boiler water, steam, and coal quality, as well as the quality of environmental parameters.
- Coordinates with pertinent regulatory government agencies, local government units, suppliers and contractors on matters affecting Plant operations.
- Participates in CSR and other external relations programs to promote the good image of the Company to the public.
- Keeps abreast with industrial updates through contacts with professional associations and other coal-handling and related utilities.
- Develops and/or implements the Department’s approved organizational chart to ensure effective and efficient work flow.
- Implements the company’s performance evaluation system as well as its career development program for the Department’s personnel.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of Training Programs and other interventions to improve job skills and enhance performance.
- Approves work/job orders and work schedules under the operations department.
- Prepares annual budget of the operations department and monitors monthly expenditure.
- Prepares, accomplishes and submits reportorial requirements such as progress, status and performance reports, financial reports and other relevant reports for management information and decision-making.
- Ensures operational safety of equipment and auxiliaries under the maintenance department.
- Implements and ensures strict compliance to safety, security, health and environmental policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Registered Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
- At least 5 years experience in power generation plant operations
- At least 3 years experience as Operations Superintendent
- Knowledge in Coal-fired Power Plant Operations
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Laws and Regulations
- Operations Planning
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Analysis and Decision-Making Skills
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Computer Skills and use of MS Office or similar software
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening