Electrical Specialist | Toril, Davao City
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesToril, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
This position is responsible for providing support in electrical related matters in plant operations and maintenance. This includes activities outside regular plant operations such as inspections, overhauls, plant failure situations. The post-holder is expected to contribute to the resolution of technical issues inhibiting flexible plant performance and in proposing plant improvement options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposes solutions and support resolution of site issues in power plant electrical protection and relaying systems, and in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing site electrical equipment.
- Understands the capital investment process and undertakes necessary investment appraisal analysis.
- Supports the site operations and maintenance team in ensuring all necessary technical activities are incorporated within long term maintenance plan and outage plan.
- Performs root cause analysis techniques to support the site teams in resolving difficult technical issues and provide investigative expertise.
- Ensures excellent standards are maintained during project implementation in the site through appropriate policies and practical application.
- Interfaces as necessary with the sites CMMS. Reviews and analyzes the work orders and propose improvement for the Maintenance Program.
- Ensures appropriate application and enhancement of maintenance philosophies applied across all plant sites.
- Produces technical reports and ensures plant status change management control procedures are implemented.
- Support to Engineering Department: Lead the implementation of Corporate Engineering Guidelines and Engineering best practices; Lead the development and implementation of technical documents based on the Coal BU Engineering Policies; Assist Engineering department with site technical assessment and information
- Engagement to the Token Program: Ensure engagement with the respective Coal BU Technical Expert for knowledge enhancement and development.
- Lead and play the role of Project Engineer in the Engineering Management of Changes with support of Coal BU Technical Expert as needed
- Lifecycle Management Planning in conjunction with TE's
- Maintenance and Spare Strategies (RCM Process) and updating CMMS
- Asset Health Monitoring and Performance
- Outage Strategy and develop Outage Scopes
- Investigations, audits and RCA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- At least 5 years of Electrical Engineering specialism
- Experience in Plan Improvement, an advantage
- Rotor and earth protection
- Excitation System including brushgear/thyristor
- Tap Changer
- Oil Management
- 3-Axis Alignment and DOR
- HV / LV Switchgear & Switchboards
- Circuit breakers
- Transmission line and system interface
- Failure mechanism analysis and prevention
- Plant Improvement Proposals
- Protection Systems and Relays
- Breakdown support beyond site team capability
- Electrostatic precipitator
- Electrode, plate and rapping management
- Control Gear
- Site Earthing
- Overall site earthing, inspection & testing management
- Condition Monitoring
- Connection I/R
- Bushings including online cleaning processes
- Thorough understanding of Power Plant Technology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal multi-cultural skills
- Ability to share knowledge and coach site staff
- Administrative and Coordinating Skills
- Computer Skills and Proficiency in MS Office or similar software
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture