Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for assisting the Data Protection Officer (i.e., UDPO Director) in performing the latter’s duties and responsibilities under Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, as well as other relevant and applicable data protection laws, including issuances by the National Privacy Commission. Among his or her duties and responsibilities, the occupant will be charged with monitoring the data protection concerns of specific units and/or offices of the University, as determined by the DPO.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conducts Technical Research
- Gathers information and materials on data privacy, data protection, and other related topics for the use of the UDPO when resolving issues encountered by the University that involve data privacy.
- Monitors the news for key data protection issues that may affect or impact the University.
2. Performs Technical Writing
- Prepares office-related materials such as memoranda, activity designs, concept notes, studies, and slide presentations.
- Assists in the drafting, collection, documentation, analysis, and review of all internal and external policies relating to data privacy.
- Assists in the preparation of knowledge products and information, communication, and education materials relating to data privacy.
3. Monitors the data protection concerns of other offices and/or units of the University and provides immediate advice, whenever possible.
4. Coordinates with other offices and/or units of the University, as well as other stakeholders within or outside the University, in the resolution of policy questions and other legal issues relative to data protection.
5. Acts as a resource speaker on topics involving privacy and data protection in training, workshops, and similar activities.
B. Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Mentors other University personnel regarding data privacy.
2. Undertakes documentation and records management tasks.
3. Attends meetings, conferences, hearings, consultations, and other similar work-related events on behalf of the UDPO.
4. Prepares minutes of the meeting, progress reports, post-activity reports, and other documentation materials for events or activities involving the UDPO.
5. Takes photos and audio recordings of events or activities where the UDPO is involved, where possible.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with the field of privacy and data protection
- Oral and written communication
- Data analysis
- A keen sense for details
- Records management
- Computer skills
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Safety and Security
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Katipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 2 openings