Grade School Teacher
Ateneo de Manila University
- Quezon City, PhilippinesKatipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
The Ateneo de Manila Grade School Teacher is the primary formator in the classroom. As a model of the Jesuit principle of cura personalis alumnorum (personal care and concern for the student), he/she is greatly responsible for the development and holistic formation of the students.
Following the principle of special parental authority, an equally important task of the Grade School teacher aside from teaching is to attend to the welfare of students.
The Grade School teacher is based in a grade level and is a member of a subject area task force. As a faculty member, the teacher is expected to be involved in the academic and social life of the school community. He/she also involves him/herself in professional learning communities, participates in school committees, and attends official school functions and outreach programs such as Bigay Puso and Brigada Eskwela.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Regular Duties
- Writes individual lesson plans, participates in articulation and collaboration sessions
- Teaches the subject assigned to him/her, with emphasis on student-centered activities
- Prepares instructional materials such as visual aids, Learning Activity Sheets (LAS), Information Sheets (IS), and Evaluation Sheets (ES)
- Gives seatwork, homework, and quizzes regularly.
- Notifies parents of each student’s performance and confers with parents during regular parent-teacher conferences, or upon the request of either party
- Attends grade level meetings; participates in and evaluates grade-level activities
- Attends task force meetings; participates in and evaluates task forces projects
- Attends and actively participates in Faculty general assemblies and other committees assigned to him/her
- Takes responsibility for the care of instructional materials, school equipment, and facilities.
II. Prefecting and Proctoring Duties
- Monitors the students at specific locations during Quiet Time, Mind-Setting Time, recess, and lunch on assigned days
- Monitors the class when assigned as table prefect in the cafeteria (for Grades 3-6 Teachers)
- Monitors the students during the Sportsfests and Intramurals
- Proctors a class during quarterly examinations
- Proctors a class during dismissal (for Grades 1-4)
- III. Advising and Counseling Duties
- Gives counsel and direction to individual members of his/her class and makes referrals to the Child Development Center when appropriate
- Handles disciplinary cases of his/her students; and refers serious cases to the GLC
- Follows up on referrals with the class teacher/adviser and/or the Child Development Center
- Gives group guidance to his/her class during ST-Ar period and Quiet Time and coordinates with the Guidance Counselor (for CT/CA only)
IV. Student Recording and Reporting Duties
- Checks the students’ attendance and punctuality
- Corrects seatwork, homework, quizzes, and quarterly examinations
- Scores, records, encodes, and validates student marks in grading sheets
- Recommends to the GLC stars and bars for Grades 3-4 and merits and demerits for Grades 5-6
- Submits records of student attendance and deportment and other reports to the GLC
- Submits reports on students’ honors and awards to the GLC.
- Ensures the confidentiality and integrity of official school records pertaining to the students (e.g. report cards, exams, guidance test results)
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s/College Degree, Professional License (passed board/bar/professional license exam) in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of teaching experience in elementary education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, with a warm personality and a flexible attitude
- Proficient in MS Office and G Suite application
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Education and Training
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Katipunan Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 1 opening