Development of the Human Resources Department
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams and community events support, company philanthropic giving, and benefits administration.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning.
- Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
Training and Development
- Coordinates all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority/responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and employee development programs.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfers.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget. Maintains employee training records.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interviews management and executive position candidates; serves as part of the interview team for position finalists
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of DOLE-required data.
- Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Leads participation in at least one salary survey per year.
- Human Resources Manager Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Education and Experience Required for the Human Resources Manager Job
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
About Auraland Group of Companies
Auraland Group of Companies has operation and ownership of several companies involving Mining, Swine Farming, LDPE Manufacturing, Logistics, Real Estate and soon, Hospitality mainly in Southern Philippines (Davao Region). The first companies was established in 1980's and has diversified since then. The group has remained 100% family-owned and run and operated by it's owners thus creating a personal approach in it's management core. By profession and putting into practice it's Core Values, the company was able to meet and surpass it's initial goals of expansion and growth.