The Client’s mission is to be the world’s best financial services and technology partner to innovative
companies everywhere, starting with accounting services for high-growth companies. We’re looking to disrupt the status quo and become the new standard that founders and small businesses come to expect from their accountants.
The Client’s team hails from leading fintech and Fortune 500 companies, including Square, Acorns, and Pilot.com, and is backed by prominent names across the startup industry.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for driving the recurring weekly and monthly processes for a portfolio of clients. This individual will be the key to ensuring clean client financials and partnering to develop the Client’s accounting and finance infrastructure.
We are looking for an ambitious individual that wants to invest their time and energy into an amazing team with incredible growth potential. You should expect to play a critical role in the development of conventions and culture as a key member of the Accounting Team!
What You'll Do
You're an experienced accountant, preferably with a few years handling accounting for e-commerce businesses, in the $0-$50M/year revenue range. While you can handle bookkeeping and accounting like an expert, you also have endless ideas about ways to make things better — from little things like automating email templates or checklists to big things like a vision for how a software platform could automagically handle revenue recognition, if only you had some engineering help.
- Standard GL work for fast paced clients including bank reconciliations, merchant processing reconciliations, coding transactions, payroll reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, etc.
- Basic cost accounting and margin analysis
- Data entry and reconciliation between multiple systems
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with client regarding accounting
- Support the AP/AR process and procedures
- Support different elements of the month-end close and reporting processes
- Labor reporting and accounting
- Other balance sheet reconciliation processes
- Ad hoc project support
- While your primary focus will be on the execution of clients' books and codifying team bookkeeping processes, you'll be an important reference point for the accounting and product teams as we consider the developing product roadmap.
- Specific experience working on a Product isn't necessary; we'll guide you. But big ideas, openness to learning a new field, and the ability to execute are what we're looking for.
- Cultivate a safe working environment by upholding inclusive and anti-discriminatory practices and policies.
- Contribute to a culture of accounting excellence by conducting constructive, no-ego team meetings and working to constantly improve workflows and processes.
- Full of ambition and get-it-done-ness. Sees a gap and finds ways to fill it. Excited to create and iterate processes.
- Degree in Accounting
- Amenable working US business hours
- Experience handling accounting for e-commerce businesses, preferably in the $0-50M/year revenue range
- Familiarity working with Quickbooks Online
- Excellent understanding of GAAP
- Time Management: The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer service skills/background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Empathy for the demands of startup founders
- This is a startup role. There are very few departments and there is little in the way of infrastructure. It's all about endless execution at this phase, which is what makes it so exciting — you can jump into almost anything! — but also the biggest difference between startup life and traditional corporate culture. We want folks who don't need a huge supporting staff to get things done; they know how to ask questions, search, and pull strings to get anything done even when no one thought it was possible.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Intuit QuickBooks Software
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Unit 501-505, 5th floor of Hanston Building, Emerald Ave., Ortigas Center,, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Business Process Outsourcing
- 1 opening
Boldr | Outsourcing With Impact.
Boldr is a purpose-driven outsourcing partner to fast-growing businesses. We provide custom solutions in Customer Experience, Data Management, and Sales Enablement.
At Boldr, we foster an environment where the energetic, the curious, and the passionate thrive. We never shy away from difficulties and have fun taking them on. We see challenges as opportunities to learn because we believe that the finest blades are forged in fire. Our door is always open to like-minded individuals who are looking for a new and exciting BPO culture — ordinary is not in our vocabulary.
If you’re bold enough and want to contribute to making a lasting impact, we want you!