Liaising and responsible for providing day-to-day legal support to FRPH and will work with all levels of employees across the business, external business partners, service providers and governmental authorities in relation to legal matters and with the UQ ASEAN/Global Legal team.
1. Advising, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts including tenancy agreements, marketing, supply of goods & services agreements employment, nondisclosure agreements etc.
2. Supporting new business initiatives from a legal perspective including but not limited to new entity company set up, licensing requirements etc.
3. Advising on legal matters/applicable laws, including but not limited to ensuring compliance with data protection laws, new legislation etc.
4. Advising and follow up on all litigation, dispute resolution, and internal and external investigations
5. Supporting corporate secretarial work between the business/functions and company secretary.
6. Advising the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (advertising, commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, data privacy, employment and property etc.)
7. Increasing operational and functional departments’ awareness of best practices and policies on legal compliances
8. Supporting in legal administrative tasks.
9. Supporting the business needs e.g. by creating legal templates and where necessary and updating documents with any relevant changes.
10. To support the business on post-contract management e.g. extension of the contract duration, change of scope of works, dispute with the vendor, late delivery or non-performance.
11. Supporting the Procurement department on Contract Management matters in relations to transactions.
12. Identify, analyze potential legal issues, risks, its implications and provide legal advice to the business
13. Working closely with the Information Security department as local ISO DRI working on legal compliance risks, financial and reputational risks.
14. Work with the Stores and Store Support Centre functions to develop legal awareness, facilitating training, provide legal advice, guidance, assistance in customer claims and maintaining legal standard and compliance with applicable laws.
15. Doing legal research in support of business/GHQ e.g. product development, compliances considerations on advertisements etc.
• At least 5 years working experience as a lawyer/legal counsel on commercial matters (must have Consumer Protection and Contract knowledge) ; experience working with MNC may be advantageous
• Experience in real estate, e-commerce, data privacy and/or litigation matters an advantage
• Possess the motivation in the sharing of knowledge and enjoy being in a specialist role
• Being a proactive individual that is highly committed with a strong drive, possess an inquisitive, commercial, analytical mind, enjoy being hands-on and aspire to be a natural business partner.
• Competencies include: negotiation, presentation, planning, organizing and ability to multitask.
• Has analytical skills and very detail orientated
• Must be able to work proactively with different stakeholders & initiate solutions
• Flexible and hard-working, with a can-do attitude, practical and solution driven; ability to implement and execute identified opportunities
• Confident, persuasive individual capable of managing and resolving difficult situations
• Good sense of responsibility, mature, self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• To balance legal issues against commercial requirements in the performance of assigned duties and tasks. Advice must be practical while ensuring the company’s interests are protected and compliance with law observed.
• Personal traits: positive, passionate, collaborative, ability to perform in a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Ability to manage projects independently and work under pressure
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Sales and Marketing
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- J.W. Diokno Boulevard Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Retail Industry
- 1 opening