The Tier 3 Service Desk Engineer, Systems position is for an individual experience in technologies spanning virtualization, compute, and storage products. The Tier 3 Service Desk Engineer, Systems position is responsible for delivering data center transformation, virtual end-user computing, converged infrastructure, and cloud computing solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Managed Services Team to assess and implement enterprise data center solutions
- Serve as a virtualization, compute, and storage subject matter expert for the MS department of GCSIT
- Perform customer-premises assessments and installations
- Support customer data center operations by enacting configuration changes as needed and approved through the defined Change Management process
- Develop level-of-efforts and assist in high-level scoping of technical projects as requested
- Contribute to the definition and continuous refinement of delivery processes and documentation
- Stay current with emerging technologies as they mature
- Mentor as assigned the T2 and T1 engineers
- Facilitate cross-training of personnel as assigned
- 7+ years of technical IT infrastructure experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, and ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Experience with SDDC, EUC, and Cloud Computing vision and solutions is required.
- Experience with storage systems (Dell, EMC, HP) is required.
- Moderate experience with data center networking (Cisco, Dell) is required, such as with DNS, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Experience with VMware, Dell, Cisco, Commvault and converged infrastructure is required.
- Experience with Horizon VDI.
- Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, and well-spoken.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong customer service skills
One or more of the following certifications
VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Virtualization Design (VCAP-Design)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Virtualization Deploy (VCAP-Deploy)
VMWare Certified Design Expert – Datacenter virtualization (VCDX)
Horizon certifications desirable
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Work from Home
- Legal Assistance Plans
- Paid Holidays
- SERVER Administration