Sr. Software Engineer
- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 102 Tower Ground Flr., Makati, Metro Manila, Chino Roces Ave, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will produce and implement functional software solutions. Be involved in gathering and defining software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and lead a team of experienced software engineers (with diverse personalities who work together to achieve a common vision and goal).
- Work collaboratively with other software engineers, UI/UX designer, and product manager to help see features through, from idea, planning to development and release.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing web applications.
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment.
- Create back-end components.
- Develop and maintain APIs.
- Integrate user-facing elements designed by the front-end team.
What we seek:
- Must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Highly motivated and passionate software engineer with 5+ years of professional experience using Ruby on Rails.
- Those who can select technologies and discuss optimal technologies after catching up with new technologies.
- Can confidently communicate solutions and technical arguments to stakeholders and product teams.
Main tools used for development:
- Web server-side: Ruby on Rails, Go, Node.js
- Web front-end: React, Redux, Babel, Webpack, Flowtype, vite.js, react-hooks.
- Database: MySQL, Redis.
- Infrastructure: AWS （ELB, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, ElastiCache, Redshift, …), Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Fluentd, Ansible, HashiCorp Tools, Elasticsearch ＋ Kibana, Google BigQuery, Embulk.
Candidates with the following mindset is very welcome to apply:
- Want to create valuable products and deliver them to customers as quickly as possible and with quality.
- Want to help other engineers grow.
- Want to always try new things.
- Think outside the box.
Characteristic of a great candidate:
- Resilient, can embrace, adapt, and bounce back quickly when things don’t go as expected.
- Problem Solver and Analytical Thinker
- Good technical communicator, ability to convert your understanding of a concept into something that is meaningful to somebody else. Making meaning out of complexity.
- Love what you do.
Terms & Conditions:
- Amenable to work onsite 3x a week (Required)
- Can attend technical or final face to face interviews.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM).
- Ruby on Rails
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Chino Roces Ave
- Information Technology / IT
- 4 openings
About Likha-iT Inc.
Likha-iT Inc. is an IT consulting and system development company that drives innovation in software product development and improve business processes with the use of technology. Our Mission: To keep moving forward, carried by the tides of technology, towards a better future. Our Team: Our team is young, flexible and adaptable to IT system development from ground up. We help our clients build solutions at a scale with a roadmap that paves the way for continuous enhancement.