At M2.0 Communications, we are proud of the products and services we provide. We’re looking for a highly skilled Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to help us promote our offerings, and identify what consumers want so we can create more. The CMO’s role is important as they determine the organization’s direction and marketing strategy as well as someone lead the marketing team.
Leadership: The primary role of the Head of Content is the development and optimization of the content department. He/She will lead and inspire the development of first-class content by the content department personnel along with other production means inclusive of videos, infographics, blogs, and data visualization in order to ensure optimal delivery of content to target audiences across multiple channels.
The Head of Content also acts as a mentor to key content department personnel, ensuring a steady, gradual improvement in their professional skills and gearing them up for the occupation of his/her position in future.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
Strategy and Analytics: The Head of Content also develops and oversees an integrated content strategy that encompasses channel selection and focus, editorial governance, and metrics to be applied and aligned with the business’s overall objectives. He/She is also responsible for the creation of the editorial structure within the content department in order to ensure that all content across the business is integrated and aligned to support business objectives. The Head of Content enables structured content creation capabilities through the implementation of models and processes for sourcing information, analyzing, and creating content.
The Head of Content is also charged with designing and implementing measurement systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of the content put out by the business against the business’s operational objectives and strategies.
Consultancy: The Head of Content also plays a consultancy role for all the business units, offering strategic counsel in their content planning, development, as well as overall strategies for key events and projects.
Collaboration: The Head of Content also plays a collaborative role by partnering up with the marketing team to support marketing activities such as product branding, content, and messages. The Head of Content will also partner with the sales team for the purpose of developing sales content and the identification of target consumers and potential markets.
The Content Head is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new business into the departments through the consistent development and deployment of content.
Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- A positive rating on the client survey done on a quarterly basis.
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
- Our ideal candidate will have 10+ years marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of branding.
- He/she will have the ability to lead a team of writers and designers.
- If you have an understanding of what makes people tick and want to deliver solutions that make a difference, we would love to meet you.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Sales and Marketing Knowledge
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Content Marketing