Backend Developers work with local or foreign teams of developers, designers, project managers, and stakeholders in an agile work environment. They will be utilizing their software development knowledge to develop code for web applications. They are responsible for the development, testing, and optimization of the server-side logic by using back-end languages such as Ruby on Rails, Elixir/Phoenix, Postgresql, and more. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary. A successful Backend Developer is able to make a clean and optimized code that is at the same time thoroughly tested and documented for the benefit of their team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Develop, test, and optimize server-based logic.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Stay updated on the latest changes in Ruby on Rails, Elixir/Phoenix, and other back-end technologies.
- Proficient understanding of back-end programming languages such as Ruby on Rails, Elixir/Phoenix, Postgresql
- Proficient understanding of database administration, migration, and transformation.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Being able to implement back-end code into user-facing elements is a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Ruby on Rails
- Computer Science [Computer Systems Engineering]
- Information Technology