- Zamboanga City, PhilippinesCawit, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur, PhilippinesZamboanga CityZamboanga del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
- Provides supervision to shipyard managers, supervisors and foremen.
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities and established shipyard goals.
- Develops and maintains annual budgets.
- Directs activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling and quality and ensures compliance with all Safety, Quality, Company and Regulatory directives.
- Apply knowledge of marine engineering principles as applicable to vessel design, new construction and repairs of ships and ships system.
- Review and interpret designs, drawings & specifications, recommend changes to plans and specifications to meet actual vessel conditions.
- Responsible and accountable for the performance of craft supervisors, technicians, and line staff for safety, quality, cost, and scheduling.
- Responsible for providing the quantity and quality of workers to meet schedule and budget.
- Directs all phases of steel fabrication, assembly and erection, piping fabrication and installation, electrical systems fabrication and installation, painting and outfitting including the work. performed by outside contractors. Monitors the performance of assigned supervisors.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, maintains appropriate interface and relations with customers, paying detailed attention to contracts and specifications.
- Translates company strategies into tactical plans. Creates and prioritizes necessary resources and steps required to accomplish goals on time.
- Establishes and maintains shipyard production goals to ensure production schedules are met.
- Confers with Management Team to ensure coordination of purchasing, production and shipping and approves all requisitions and invoices for operating materials.
- Schedules and conducts shipyard meetings in conjunction with Manager and Staff.
- Advises Management Team regarding manning and expense goals and ensures efforts are made to meet budget projections.
- Designs, manages and executes policies to deliver business strategy.
- Ensures product quality control goals are met and maintained for shipyard.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a shipyard manager or other management level responsibilities in a shipyard environment.
- B.S. (Bachelor’s Degree) in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering or similar qualification with a strong technical background.
- Maritime Academy preferred.
- Job Level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Cawit, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga Peninsula, Philippines
- Consumer Goods
- 1 opening
About Mega Sardines
Mega Fishing Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of canned goods. It is the company behind MEGA SARDINES - the Number 1 Sardines Brand in the Philippines, and other innovative, high-quality and value-for-money products namely, MEGA CREATIONS Premium Sardines, MEGA TUNA, and MEGA PRIME Canned Vegetables. OUR PURPOSE - We exist to help the Filipino in nation-building by providing high-quality, value-for-money food products. OUR CORE VALUES - Give each Home More Reason to be Inspired