Design Engineer | Davao City
Trends Group, Inc.
- Davao City, PhilippinesDavao City, Davao Region, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao RegionPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
Design Engineer is responsible as a pre-sales support to the Account managers for the Design, implements and Monitoring for the Structured Cabling System and Auxiliary System as per required by most of potential clients. Reports directly to section heads and works closely to sales and technical support teams for collaboration and review of proposed designs.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise cost-effective solutions in voice, data, and fiber (IHW and OSP) structured cabling specifically optimized for the user.
- Provide on-site coordination with the project team, including client representatives, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Schedule, perform, and document findings from on-site surveys of existing structured cabling systems and auxiliary system wirings
- Coordinate and produce designs for telecommunications work area outlet types, configurations, and locations.
- Coordinate and produce structured cable designs to support work area outlet/device types, configurations, and locations.
- Coordinate and produce detailed pathway designs to support inside and outside plant cabling infrastructure, including fill calculations.
- Coordinate infrastructure needs with other systems: CCTV, Access Control, Audio/Video, Fire Alarm, WLAN, Building Automation/Management, etc.
- Produce detailed floor plan and enlarged telecommunication space designs.
- Work with CAD team to produce detailed construction drawings in AutoCAD based on project criteria.
- Create and manage cable schedules depicting cable types, labels and run lengths for all cables in a design.
- Assist the sales organization by attending site-walk and pre-bid meetings. Track all site visits and keep detailed information of site conditions for use in the development of an accurate cost estimate.
- Provide complete project engineering, selection of applicable materials and estimating labor. Write scope of work and develop cost estimate in response to bid specifications.
- Produce and respond to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NFPA codes, TIA standards, BICSI publications, Local codes or other relevant criteria.
A. Minimum Education
· Bachelor’s degree in ECE-licensed
B. Minimum Experience/Training
· 1 to 2 years’ experience as Design Engineer
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
· Background for High level building PA/Fire Detection and Alarm system
· Surveillance system design for City wide area coverage
· Amenable to do Onsite Survey and Willing to travel Visayas and Mindanao Area
- Job Level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job Category
- IT and Software
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Information Technology / IT
- 1 opening