Control and Instrumentation Technician | Toril, Davao City
Aboitiz Power Generation Group
- Davao City, PhilippinesToril, Davao City, Davao del Sur, PhilippinesDavao CityDavao del SurPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Control and Instrumentation Supervisor in the efficient and effective implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance of the control and instrumentation system of the plant for safe and reliable operation of generating units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance work of various instruments and control system in the plant, including calibration, repair and simulation of plant equipment.
- Assists the Control & Instrumentation Supervisor in the conduct of Functional Test, Performance Rating Test and Evaluation of process instruments indication during unit start-up
- Performs troubleshooting, overhaul and/or repair of the following: Process monitoring and Control System, Instrument and Power supply system, and Pneumatic and Electronic Control Instrumentation and final control element of all pneumatic valves
- Monitors and records data needed for reference and evaluation of instrumentation and control system during preventive maintenance.
- Records all works done in the Maximo system.
- Coordinates with Operations Supervisor for the procesing of the Permit to Work (PTW).
- Monitors inventory of instrumentation spare parts, tools, materials and supplies stock.
- Assists in the modification and/or improvement of existing control and instrumentation systems.
- Complies with control and instrumentation standards/procedures, good housekeeping and energy conservation guidelines.
- Complies with occupational safety, health and environmental rules and regulations to avoid accidents, illness and adverse effects on the environment.
- Vocational degree in Instrumentation and Control Technology
- At least 2 years in maintenance work in industrial setting
- Knowledge in power plant operation and maintenance
- Troubleshooting Calibration skills
- Knowledge in basic electronics and industrial automation
- Safety and Good Housekeeping
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Architecture and Engineering
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Toril, Davao City, Davao Region, Philippines
- Oil / Energy / Solar / Greentech
- 1 opening
About Aboitiz Power Generation Group
Aboitiz Power Corporation (AboitizPower, AP) is a leader in the Philippine Electric Power Industry with a portfolio of assets located across the country. It has several hydroelectric and geothermal assets in its generation portfolio and also has non-renewable power plants located across the country. This includes: - Hedcor, Inc. - Therma Luzon, Inc. - Therma South, Inc. - Therma Marine, Inc. - Therma Mobile, Inc. - East Asia Utilities Corp. - Cebu Private Power Corp. - AP Renewables, Inc. At AboitizPower, we thrive together to drive change for a better world. We are a PEOPLE-CENTRIC organization who provides growth OPPORTUNITIES on a professional and personal level. We shape a better future as we do purposeful WORK in an ENVIRONMENT that is culture-focused, continuously innovating, and where individual and team contributions aligned to winning with integrity are RECOGNIZED. When you work at AboitizPower, you become part of an organization that is passionate and committed to advancing business and communities by providing reliable, reasonable, and responsible power to all. AboitizPower is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our purpose of driving change for a better world. We consider and encourage all applicants without discriminating against age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, political opinion, religion, nationality, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), ethnicity or other status protected by law. Our equal opportunity and non-discrimination policy applies in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, regularization, promotions, transfers, discipline, termination, benefits and training. We urge everyone to be vigilant against scams that involve fraudulent offers of employment with Aboitiz Power Corporation. Scammers are falsely claiming to be representatives of Aboitiz, offering jobs in exchange for recruitment fees. Aboitiz does not ask for money from our applicants at any point of the job application process. #POWERyourFuture