About the role
We are looking for Lesson Support that will assign tutors to lessons, monitor schedules, complete tutor profiles, real-time lesson monitoring, and resolve tutor issues. The successful candidate must have attention to detail, long-term thinking, be open to feedback, be highly communicative, reliable, punctual, and have reasonable familiarity with Google Sheets and Excel. The role requires working in a shifting schedule, either in the morning or graveyard shift. Your contribution to the team is to demonstrate that Edge Tutors are managed effectively by the in-country operations team to ensure their reliability and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You assign tutors to a lesson in the ClassIn system.
- You monitor the scheduling system to determine what classrooms to create.
- You will assist in the completion of tutor profiles in YoCoach and activate their profiles once it meets internal standards.
- You are responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of lessons in real time.
- You will substitute lessons for teachers who fail to check in on the deadline
- You will seek replacements within tutor groups or tutor backup school to prevent at all cost the four harms of tutor operations: missed lessons, absences, late and leave entry
- You will communicate to tutors via Classin Group Chat, Facebook Messenger, or Phone to alert them of impending classes to prevent absences or late entry.
- You will complete an End-of-Day report on incidents.
- You find resolutions to tutors' issues and questions (e.g., technical issues, platform, and processes, swift workarounds for ad-hoc challenges) - all via chat, calls & e-mails directly
- You will over-communicate with tutors to remind them of processes, protocols, and rules to help us achieve our service agreement goals
- You will produce documents like schedules to update clients about their tutor’s schedule.
- You will record classes as they are booked in a lesson credit tracker.
- You will continuously audit the sources of truth to maintain accuracy.
- You will devise monitoring tools for reliability and attendance.
- You will record instances that may cause penalties on the tutor’s side.
- You will conduct technical checks with tutors to guarantee they are technically ready to teach.
- You will collect data on tutor teaching environments to paint a picture of the technical readiness of the Edge Tutor population.
- You will produce reports that count ended lessons, booked lessons, instances of four harms, and other information related to tutors.
- You will produce reports on tutor inquiries and how quickly we responded to each of them.
- You provide a responsive, personalized, and effective service to tutors to showcase our world-class tutor support.
Work Set up
Schedule: 9 AM - 6 PM / 10 AM - 7 PM / 11 AM - 8 PM
Location: Hybrid (Remote work + 2x a month meet up in the office)
Number of hours required per week: 9 hours per day (with 1 unpaid lunch break)
Skills and Experience required for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree holder
- Has 3- 5 years of experience in Operations Management
- Has experience producing and creating accurate reports and implementing/monitoring performance metrics
- Has experience in workforce/ attendance management
- Has knowledge and experience in ticketing systems to resolve concerns
- Can flag support team members to prevent or minimize critical operational errors
- A self-starter that can lead and manage his/her own tasks and manage the team
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home