Swarm is the digital hub for the fractionally-minded. It's where designers, product folks and developers come to connect, collaborate, and craft their fractional lifestyle. Independently, but not alone.
Our social network values authentic relationships and fosters a community where fractional lifestyle enthusiasts can thrive because members prioritize authentic connections over superficial networking.
Swarm is looking for a seasoned operations guru to join us. Your primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth functioning of Swarm's operations while taking care of our employees and ensuring financial health. You will play a crucial role in making Swarm a delightful experience for all stakeholders, including employees, customers, and partners. Together, we will change the future of work and build a solution that will touch every tech worker in the 2020s.
- Provide founders with executive administration (everything from ordering lunch for the team to coordinating travel to planning off-sites)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline workflows, improve productivity, and optimize resource allocation.
- Design and implement HR policies, procedures, and initiatives aligned with Swarm's values and goals.
- Manage employee relations, including conflict resolution, performance management, and employee development.
- Liaison with fractional bookkeepers to prepare monthly Financial Statements
- Improve & maintain financial models, forecasts, and budgets to support informed decision-making.
- Manage financial operations, including, payroll, reimbursements, invoicing, AR/AP and vendor management.
- Swarm’s Amber claims, redemptions and ledger management
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, reporting requirements, and tax obligations.
Your performance (bonuses & promotions) will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with Swarm's values and mission - specifically expression of initiative, creative problem-solving and thinking outside the box to drive innovation and improvement
- Contribution to stakeholder satisfaction, measured through NPS-style evaluations across founders and employees
You’d be the perfect addition to our team if you…
- thrive in an environment where information is not spoon-fed, but rather discovered through active engagement.
- operates without existing or extensive playbooks or step-by-step directions
- are a self-starter who embraces the challenge of figuring out how to execute tasks efficiently
- are quick thinking and have a willingness to learn from various sources—be it online tutorials, mentorship from experienced colleagues, or outside research
- thrive with little clarity, as clarity may not always be readily available. As such, we value those who can forge their own path, acting as strategic thinkers who align our community and business objectives with our core values. Embracing ambiguity will be a must.
- can adapt to weekly cycles of ideation and execution
- seek out knowledge, relish in taking initiative, embrace ambiguity, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave